Monday, July 13, 2015

Off to work on Monday Morning

It's Monday Morning and although it's summer contrary to the public opinion that teachers are just  laying around in the sun sipping ice tea all summer, I am working.  I am working 3 jobs this summer.  I do summer school program support in the morning, academic coordinator for our CLC in the afternoon and free lance writing anywhere I can fit it in.  I really would much rather be sipping ice tea in the sun but I have bills to pay, hence the summer jobs.  Actually I enjoy what I do and it is a nice change of pace from the routine of the school year.  I provide support to 7 different schools and travel from one end of the city to the other to cover my schools.  I relish being able to drive around and enjoy the views of summer in the city as I travel.
However, there is a comfortable lounge chair in a cozy spot on my deck surrounded by flowers calling my name every morning. I have to walk by and head to my car and drive out to the city. I always pause for I moment as I walk by just to enjoy the image but then I move on.

It is not so bad, summer school and CLC end in August so I will have all of August to finally sit back and relax.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment