Thursday, August 27, 2015

Road Trip in My Mind

Teacher's Road Trip


Moving down the highway into blue sky, billowing clouds and lots of green scenery; its a road trip! The wind through my window gentlely tugs at my hair matching my mood of freedom from style and constraints. I can just feel all my worries and issues behind me as I surge forward.  Rythamic movement pulls me down the highway and away from it all.  I follow the road as it gentlely turns and twists through the countryside when suddenly a big red octagon shaped sign pops up in my line of vision.  On the sign are the words:  STOP! It's August 27th Back to School! 
Yes, it was only a road trip in my mind as I try to escape the reality of summers's end and the fact it is time to return to school.  Regretfully, I can't hide from the reality any longer and I awake to the jarring ringtone on my cell phone's alarm.
The first 3 days will be teacher meetings and some allowed time to get classrooms ready.  As the days go by and classrooms are whipped into shape the excitement will grow and we will be ready to welcome our students and the magical chemistry the blend of their personalities bring.  It is here and I am ready for it.

 The road trip will just have to wait until next summer because Back to School here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment