Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Morning and I am taking time to...

Taking time to smell the roses...

No roses but I have a beautiful hibiscus!  Yes, summer school is over and I finally have some time to enjoy a little bit of summer before school resumes.

This Monday is the first Monday that I didn't have to get up at 5:45am for work.  Howevcr from a summer of being conditioned to wake up at that time I was up by 6:00am despite my best intentions to sleep late.
I had the luxury of being able to eat a leisurely breakfast on my deck while listening to bird songs and enjoying the garden scencery surrounding me.  This is how a Monday morning should start!  No rushing and mentally going through my checklist of all I had to do as I fly out the front door.  I am still making a "to do list" in my mind but at a relaxed pace. I have time to revise it and think deeply about goals. It is really more powerful to have the oportunity to mindfully plan while surrounded by nature.

One of my plans is to work on more items for my TPT store.  Actually I don't consider that work.  It is a creative outlet for my art and writing skills and the process is fun and rewarding.  The next two days Teachers Pay Teachers is having a store wide "Back to School Sale". If you use the code:  BTS15 you can receive a 28% discount on any purchase.  I know I don't want to think about back to school already, especially on my first day of vacation this summer.  However, in a couple of weeks it will be a reality and being prepared does make the transition smoother.
There really are some excellent products designed by teachers for teachers.  If you have time check it out: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mondaymorning
Time to put the lap top away and go back to my first leisurely Monday morning in months.  Hope you find some time in your day to enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment