Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday Night....Wild Violets

Interesting return from the break.  Students displayed a mixture of moods that ranged from happy smiling faces to angry sullen looks. Some reacted with sleepy heads down on desks.  The return from a break is an adjustment for everyone.
  My plans to redesign my 8th grade math group never materialized due to the Smarter Blance standardized test.  Although testing was scheduled for the morning it had to be moved to the afternoon(math time) because all the computers froze up.  I think everyone's feelings were best summarized by an angry student that I heard yelling out as I was walking down the hall, "I don't want to take a test! I am not ready for this!"

Driving home I noticed a patch of purple in my yard, the wild violets are back.  Nature restoring peace and beauty into my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment