Monday, September 14, 2015

A Little Piece of Italy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The weekend consisted of rushing around doing errands, cleaning, shopping, and lesson planning.  It was back to back and by Sunday the manical pace of playing catch up from the week was making my head spin.  The weather was beautiful and by noon realizing I had not taken any time to just sit back and appreciate the day I knew I had to force myself to step off this tread mill to nowhere.  I grabbed my 8 year old and told him we were going out to lunch.  We headed towards Lake Michigan and ended up on Brady street,  the "east" side.  We decided to go Italian and stopped at Glorioso's, ordered a mini pizza, and headed outside to dine "el fresco".  
 It was absolutely lovely.  A little piece of Italy right here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I finally could relax and put all my school ideas, plans, and hopes out of my mind for the moment.  I enjoyed my child's conversation and did a little people watching as we finished eating the cheesy flavorful pizza in the sun.  All too soon we would leave and it would be back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment